By Khalil Hymore
After attending a rousing funeral, Sophia decided she wanted to be around to hear what all of her friends would say about her at her funeral. Blanche and Rose decided to throw Sophia her very own wake, and Rose made her famous cheese puffs to celebrate the occasion. Of course the problems began when Rose forgot to tell the guests Sophia was really still alive!
Makes about 35 cheese puffs
* 1/2 cup unsalted butter
* 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 5 large eggs
* 1 cup coarsely grated sharp Cheddar cheese
* 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat oven to 400° Fahrenheit. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, set aside.
2. Combine the butter and salt in a medium pot with 1 cup of water and bring to a boil. Immediately, add the flour all at once and cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until the dough forms and becomes smooth, about 5 minutes.
3. Transfer the dough to a large bowl and add the eggs one at a time, making sure they are fully incorporated after each addition and the dough is sticky. Stir in the cheeses and transfer the mixture to a pastry bag fitted with a large tip.
4. Pipe quarter-sized amounts of dough onto the baking sheets about 1-inch apart and bake until puffed and golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve immediately.