By Khalil Hymore
Before Charlie died, he and Rose worked out a plan for him to contact her if he had to tell her something important: the cantaloupe would all be on one side of the fruit salad. At the sight of this in the refrigerator, Rose fears Charlie does not want her accepting Miles’s commitment ring. When Rose returns to the refrigerator later that night for another glimpse of the arranged fruit salad, she finds Sophia eating her miracle.
Makes 8 servings
- 1 small Cantaloupe melon, peeled, seeded, and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small Honeydew melon, peeled, seeded, and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small pineapple, peeled and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large Ruby Red grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- 1 large Navel orange, peeled and segmented
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- juice of 1 lime
Toss all of the ingredients in a large bowl, leaving the cantaloupe separated on one side and chill. Beware: this fruit salad may provoke unwanted visits from dead husbands!