By Cocktail Therapy, Celebrations.com Expert
Follow our simple tips to throw a great holiday party complete with cocktails, but on a budget that will make you smile and give you the extra cash you look for during the gift-giving season!
- Make it a potluck: Have everyone bring a bottle of wine or an app, and as the host you provide a signature cocktail and punch. We’ve concoted a signature holiday Celebtations.com cocktail that tastes amazing, and our holiday punch recipes will be a sure-fire hit that won’t break your budget!
- Use glassware, not plastic: it’s better for the environment, and an elegant touch that guests will notice. It’s also very inexpensive to rent glasses for the evening–your drinks will automatically taste better and your guests will thank you!
- Music makes a party and it doesn’t have to cost a thing: make an iPod playlist that’s memorable by mixing upbeat classics (think Journey) with current favorites (think Beyonce).
- Finally, prepare everything–snack, punch, and cocktail–ahead of time in batches. We always say the host sets the tone for the party and the last thing we want is a stressed out, unsmiling hostess who is too focused on mixing drinks to enjoy herself!
As you can see, you can have an amazing party without spending a lot of moneybut you can’t put a price tag on fun! Seasons greetings!
Try this party snack recipe of ours to keep it simple, filling, and healthy. This will give you about 2 cups. Simply double (or triple) the recipe for more.
- 1 Tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon chili powder or cayenne pepper
- 3/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 bag of whole almonds (raw)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and toss a few times to mix.
- Arrange mixture on a tinfoil-lined baking sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes or until lightly toasted.
Go to Celebrations.com for more Thanksgiving recipe and tips.