WE: Women’s Entertainment LLC
WE Mizani Sweepstakes
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico) who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Void in Puerto Rico and wherever prohibited by law. Employees of WE: Women’s Entertainment LLC (hereinafter known as the “Sponsor”), its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, production and promotion agencies, and the immediate families and members of the same household of each are not eligible. All federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations apply.
2. HOW TO ENTER: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 P.M. Eastern Time (ET) on May 3, 2011 and ends at 11:59 A.M. (ET) on May 31, 2011. To enter, visit www.wetv.com and follow the on-screen instructions to receive one (1) entry. Entrants agree to be bound by and acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules including eligibility requirements. Limit one (1) entry per email address, per day. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the e-mail account will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized account holder” of an e-mail address is the natural person in whose name the e-mail address has been issued. A selected winner may be asked to provide Sponsor with proof that the selected winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. If a dispute cannot be resolved, the entry will be deemed ineligible. Use of any means to subvert the entry process, use of automated devices not valid for entry and anyone using such devices will be eliminated from the Sweepstakes. Responsibility for receipt of entry rests solely with the entrant. Entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
3. PRIZES: Five (5) Grand Prizes will be awarded. Each Grand Prize winner will each receive a Braxton/Mizani prize package including a $50 Mizani hair treatment gift card redeemable at participating Mizani salon locations, Braxton’s memorabilia including a signed Toni Braxton album, assorted Braxton’s gift bags, and an autographed Braxton’s Family Values poster, and the following Mizani products: (2) Supreme Oil, True Texture Curl Balance Shampoo, True Textures Curl Replenish Intense Moisturizing Masque, True Textures Perfect Curl, True Textures Moisture Stretch, Defyne Wax and Iron Curl. Details on all products can be found at www.mizani-usa.com. The approximate retail value (the “ARV”) of each Grand Prize is $500.00 (Total Value of all Prizes is $2,500.00). All expenses and travel costs incurred by the Grand Prize Winners in connection with redeeming the Grand Prize gift card, if applicable, including but not limited to air or ground transportation, lodging fees, gratuities and meals, are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for the gift card upon receipt. The Gift Card will not be replaced or reactivated if lost or stolen. Gift Card cannot be used to purchase additional gift cards and are subject to the terms and conditions found at www.mizani-usa.com. Value of autographed memorabilia are subject to market fluctuations. Other restrictions may apply.
4. DRAWING: Grand Prize winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about June 7, 2011 from all eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted by Sponsor, whose decision is final on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Winners will be notified by phone and/or mail and may be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability which must be signed and received by Sponsor within five (5) days of date printed on notification or the notified entrant will forfeit his or her interest in the prize and an alternate winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. If any prize notification letter or any prize is returned as undeliverable, the selected entrant will forfeit all interest in the prize and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner selected in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received.
5. ODDS: Odds of winning prize depend upon the number of eligible entries received. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
6. GENERAL: Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, incorrect, incomplete, garbled, misaddressed, or misdirected entries, misrouted or scrambled transmissions or communications, for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of telephone, Internet, computer hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any telephone or computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Sweepstakes, and reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this sweepstakes should any virus, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the sweepstakes. Sponsor will not acknowledge receipt of entries. In the event of any cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted and a random drawing will be held from among all eligible entries received prior to such time. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant if his or her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant and winner accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the judges and warrants that s/he is eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. By accepting a prize, winner agrees to release Sponsor, its respective directors, employees, officers, and agents, including without limitation, their advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize-related activities. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical, printing, or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials related to the sweepstakes. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event that the preceding release is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or void for any reason, sweepstakes entrant agrees that, by entering the sweepstakes, (i) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
7. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. DISPUTES, GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE: ENTRANT AGREES THAT: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, EXCEPT WHERE SUCH AN AGREEMENT IS PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT REGARD TO PRINCIPLES OF CONFICTS OF LAW; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, IF ANY, BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ENTRANT BE ENTITLED TO RECEIVE ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
9. LIST OF WINNERS: To obtain the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope marked “Winners List” by June 30, 2011 to: “WE Mizani Sweepstakes, c/o, WE: Women’s Entertainment LLC, 11 Penn Plaza, New York, NY 10001 or visit http://www.wetv.com. Requests will be fulfilled/name will be posted after the winners have been verified.
10. SPONSOR: WE: Women’s Entertainment LLC, 11 Penn Plaza, NY, NY 10001.