MARY MARY RAISE YOUR VOICE SINGING CONTEST Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- ELIGIBILITY: Contest open to individuals 18 years of age or older as of date of entry and who are legal residents of the continental United States. Contest void wherever prohibited by law. Employees of WE: Women’s Entertainment LLC ("Sponsor"), The Promotion Pipeline, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, production and promotion agencies, and the immediate families and members of the same household of each, plus Erica Atkins-Campbell and Tina Atkins-Campbell ("Mary Mary"), members of their family and those in their employment are not eligible. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The Mary Mary Raise Your Voice Singing Contest (the "Contest") provides entrants with the opportunity to create and submit a video of the entrant singing one of three Mary Mary songs: "Walking," "A Little More Jesus," or "Can’t Give Up Now". Contest begins at noon Eastern Time ("ET") on February 27, 2014 and ends 5:00:00 pm ET on May 8, 2014 "Contest Period"). The Contest Period consists of an entry phase that begins at noon ET on February 27, 2014 and ends at noon ET on April 10, 2014 (the "Entry Phase"), a public voting phase that begins at 12:00:01 pm ET on April 10, 2014 and ends at noon ET on April 24, 2014 (the "Voting Phase"); a Save-a-thon that begins at noon ET on April 24, 2014 and ends at noon ET on May 2, 2014 and a final judging phase that begins at 5:00:00 pm ET on May 2, 2014 and ends at noon ET on May 8, 2014 (the "Judging Phase"). During the Entry Phase, individuals may begin making Submissions (as defined below). Eligible Submissions will be posted on the Website (as defined below) for viewing and voting during the Voting Phase. The ten (10) Submissions with the most votes at the end of the Voting Phase will proceed to the Judging Phase. During the Save-a-thon representatives of the Sponsor will select one (1) additional Submission to move on to the Judging Phase such that a total of eleven (11) Submissions will be reviewed during the Judging Phase. See the Submission Guidelines below for more details. Eligible submissions will be posted online for others to view and judge, as more fully set forth below.
HOW TO ENTER:
To enter, visit www.wetv.com (the "Website") between, noon ET on February 27, 2014 and at noon ET on April 17, 2014, complete the submission form found on the Contest page, and follow the online instructions to upload and submit video ("Submission") directly to the Website. Submission must be sixty (60) to ninety (90) seconds according to the clock used by Wetv.com's video management system. Submission must contain a video of entrant singing either "Walking," "A Little More Jesus," or "Can’t Give Up Now" by Mary Mary. No substitutions or resubmissions will be accepted under any circumstances once the original Submission is submitted for consideration. Limit one entry per person. Each Submission that is entered into the Contest must meet the following "Submission Requirements" (any video that, in Sponsors sole and absolute discretion, violates the following criteria will be disqualified):
- Submission must be no less than sixty (60) seconds in length and no more than ninety (90) seconds in length and no larger than 100mb in size;
- Submission must be an original, unpublished video of entrant singing one of three Mary Mary Songs – "Walking," "A Little More Jesus," or "Can’t Give Up Now" Entrant is defined as a single person singing.
- Submissions must be sung a cappella (without musical accompaniment) or with live accompaniment (no pre-recorded music may be used). An accompanist is not deemed to be an entrant into the Contest.
- Acceptable video formats are 3g2, 3gp, asf (streaming for Windows Media Player), avi, dv, flv (VP6), mov (QuickTime multimedia), mp4 (H.264), mpeg, mpg (MPEG-1 and MPEG-2), qt (QuickTime), wmv (Windows Media Video);
- Submission must not include unsuitable content or depict or incorporate unsafe behavior or situations, obscenity, disparagement of any product or person, racist innuendo, excessive violence, illegal drug or alcohol use, or other offensive conduct or material; or otherwise include inappropriate content. Sponsor reserves the right to determine at its sole discretion what is considered offensive and inappropriate for the network;
- Submission must not violate third-party rights including, but not limited to: copyrights, including music copyrights, trademark and right of publicity and may not show any third-party trademarks, company names or logos, or other video clips; The lyrics and music to "Walking," "A Little More Jesus," or "Can’t Give Up Now" are not considered copyright infringements for the purposes of the Submissions for the Contest;
- Submission may include other individuals who willingly appear, but entrants must obtain prior written permission from such individuals that is satisfactory to Sponsor;
- Submission must be of satisfactory quality, in Sponsor’s sole discretion (i.e. brightness, focus, volume).
No substitutions or resubmissions will be accepted under any circumstances once the original Submission is submitted for consideration. All requested information on the Contest page must be completed to enter and to be eligible to win.
Sponsor reserves the right to approve or reject Submissions that do not adhere to these Official Rules, in its sole discretion.
Entries that meet the criteria set forth in Paragraph 2 will be posted for public voting.
Voting Phase (12:00:01 pm ET on April 10, 2014 through noon ET on April 24, 2014): During the Voting Phase approved Submissions will be posted to the Website where the public will be invited to vote for their favorite Submission. The ten (10) Submissions which receive the highest total number of valid votes at the end of the Voting Phase will be deemed "Finalists" and continue in the Contest to the "Judging Phase".
In the event of a tie in the Voting Phase Sponsor will determine, in its sole discretion, which of the tied Submissions is superior and that Submission will advance to the next phase based equally on these additional criteria: the number of favorable Registered Members' comments; the overall quality and execution of the entry; and the skill and creative delivery of the entrant's performance. Voting is limited to Registered Members only. Members may vote for more than one entrant, but may vote for a particular entrant only one time per day. Votes generated by script, macro or other automated means or with the intent to impair the integrity of the voting process will be void.
Save-a-thon (noon ET on April 24, 2014 through noon ET on May 2, 2014): At the beginning of the Save-a-thon representatives of the Sponsor will select three (3) additional Submissions from all non-Finalist Submissions and post them on the Website for an additional round of public voting ("Save-a-thon Semi-Finalists"). Selection by the Sponsor will be based upon 50% Creativity; 35% Vocal Talent; and 15% Charm. At the conclusion of the Save-a-thon the Save-a-thons Semi-Finalist with the highest total number of valid votes will also be deemed a "Finalist" and move on to the Judging Phase.
In the event of a tie in the Save-a-thon Phase Sponsor will determine, in its sole discretion, which of the tied Save-a-thon Semi Finalists is superior and that Submission will advance to the next phase based equally on these additional criteria: the number of favorable Registered Members' comments; the overall quality and execution of the entry; and the skill and creative delivery of the entrant's performance. Voting is limited to Registered Members only. Members may vote for more than one entrant, but may vote for a particular entrant only one time per day. Votes generated by script, macro or other automated means or with the intent to impair the integrity of the voting process will be void.
Judging Phase ( 5:00:00 pm ET on May 2, 2014 through noon ET on May 8, 2014): During the Judging Phase Mary Mary will review and judge the eleven (11) Finalist Submissions. The decision of Mary Mary is final. Contest will be judged based on the following criteria: 50% Creativity; 35% Vocal Talent; and 15% Charm. In the event of a tie, the tied entries will be re-judged by Mary Mary using the same criteria as stated herein. Sponsor may choose to move fewer than eleven (11) Finalists to the Judging Phase if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: Grand Prize Winner will be determined on or about May 15, 2014. The Grand Prize Winner will be notified by phone using the contact information provided at time of entry. Sponsor will make two (2) attempts during a 24 hour period, following selection of the Winner, to contact the potential Grand Prize Winner (no messages will be left on answering machine or voicemail system). If potential Grand Prize Winner cannot be reached within this 24 hour period, then, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, such potential Grand Prize Winner may be disqualified and prize will be rewarded to the entrant with the next highest score in the Judging Phase, time permitting. If Sponsor is successful in contacting the potential Grand Prize Winner by telephone, then potential Grand Prize Winner will be required to verbally confirm that he/she meets all requirements of eligibility as described in Rule 1 above and is able and willing to travel to travel to the Essence Music Festival as described in Paragraph 6. If Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that potential Grand Prize Winner does not meet such eligibility requirements or does not agree to travel to the Essence Music Festival he/she may be disqualified and prize will be rewarded to the entrant with the next highest score in the Judging Phase, time permitting. Winner will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability which must be signed and received by Sponsor or its designated agent within 3 (three) days of date printed on notification or the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner based on the judging criteria outlined herein, time permitting. If any prize notification letter or any prize is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner based on the judging criteria outlined herein, time permitting.
- PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize: a five (5) day/ four (4) night trip for the winner and a guest to New Orleans for the Essence Music Festival July 3 – 7, 2014. Trip includes round-trip coach airfare for two (2) from major commercial airport nearest winner’s residence within the continental U.S. to New Orleans, four (4) nights hotel accommodations at a hotel selected by the Sponsor (double occupancy), round trip ground transportation between the airport and hotel in New Orleans, two tickets to each day of Essence Music Festival concert events, a meet and greet with Mary Mary and a chance to perform in front of Mary Mary fans at the WE tv station at the festival. Maximum Retail Value ("ARV") of Grand Prize: $6,700. Grand Prize Winner and winner’s travel companion must be available to travel July 3-7, 2014 or the trip portion of the prize will be forfeited in its entirety with no further compensation to the Grand Prize Winner or the Winner’s travel companion and an alternate winner will be selected, time permitting. If the closest airport to the Grand Prize winner’s home is in close enough proximity to New Orleans so that, as Sponsor may determine in its sole discretion, a flight is unnecessary, Grand Prize winner will receive alternate transportation from the Sponsor with no further obligation to the Grand Prize winner for any difference in prize value. Actual value of a trip depends on Grand Prize winner’s residence or departure city and the performance venue. Grand Prize Winner’s Travel Companion (parent/guardian if a minor) will be required to execute a Liability/ Publicity release and return it at the same time as the Winner’s affidavit. Grand Prize Winner and Winner’s Travel Companion must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents required for air travel. No substitutions for prizes except by Sponsor or as may be necessary due to unavailability, in which case prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. All taxes and other expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise.
- REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES/INDEMNIFICATION: Each person who enters this Contest represents and warrants as follows: (i) the Submission is the entrant’s own original, previously unpublished, and previously un-produced work and it has not been submitted into any other contest ( "Unpublished" includes, but is not limited to posting the video online, including but not limited to social networking sites prior to the start of Contest); (ii) the Submission does not contain any computer virus, is otherwise uncorrupted, is wholly original; (iii) the Submission does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and is not and will not be defamatory or libelous, and as of the date of submission, is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim; and (iv) the entrant and/or individuals depicted in the Submission have not engaged or taken part in (or induced or encouraged anyone else to do so) in any activity or conduct in connection with this Contest that may or is likely to harm or create a risk of harm, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to any person, other living things or any property, may or is likely to create a risk of any other loss or damage to any person, living things or any property, or may constitute a crime, unlawful or non-consensual activities (e.g., conduct that could lead to criminal prosecution), tortious conduct (e.g., conduct that could lead to civil prosecution) or the violation or infringement of the rights of any other party. Each entrant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold Sponsor, The Promotion Pipeline, Inc. and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, TV production partners, advertising and promotion agencies, and promotional suppliers, and all of their respective employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives (collectively, "Released Parties") harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of entrant hereunder. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the judges.
- GRANT OF RIGHTS: Each entrant into the Contest hereby irrevocably grants to the Sponsor, and its successors and assigns, an exclusive license in and to the Submission for exploitation throughout the universe by means of any and all media and devices, whether now known or hereafter devised. Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, or alter each Submission for any purpose which Sponsor deems necessary or desirable, and each entrant irrevocably waives any and all so-called moral rights they may have therein. Each entrant hereby acknowledges that, except as set forth above, such entrant does not reserve any rights in or to the Submission.
- PUBLICITY RELEASE: By participating in the Contest and by accepting any prize, in addition to any other grants which may be granted in any other agreement entered into between Sponsor and any entrant or the winner of the Contest, each entrant irrevocably grants the Sponsor and its respective successors, assigns and licensees, the right to use such entrant’s name, photo, voice likeness, biographical information and Submission, in any and all media for any purpose, including without limitation, any advertising and promotional purposes, and hereby release Sponsor from any liability with respect thereto. Entrants also consent to the use of their name, photo, voice likeness, biographical information and Submission, in any and all media for any purpose, including without limitation, any advertising and promotional purposes without further compensation to entrant or any other person depicted in video unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- NO OBLIGATION TO USE: Sponsor shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use any Submission, or to otherwise exploit any Submission or, if commenced, to continue the distribution or exploitation thereof, and Sponsor may at any time abandon the use of any Submission for any reason, with or without legal justification or excuse, and entrants shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason thereof.
- FURTHER DOCUMENTATION: If Sponsor shall desire to secure additional assignments, certificates of engagement for the Submission or other documents as Sponsor may reasonably require in order to effectuate the purposes and intents of these Official Rules, then each entrant agrees to sign the same upon Sponsor’s request thereof.
- GENERAL: By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to this Contest. Prizes are nontransferable. Arrangements for the fulfillment of all prizes will be made by the Sponsor and The Promotion Pipeline, Inc. Grand Prize Winner will be solely responsible for payment of all federal, state and local taxes. Sponsor and judges not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, incorrect, incomplete, illegible, garbled, misaddressed, or misdirected entries, misrouted or scrambled transmissions or communications, for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of telephone, Internet, computer hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any telephone or computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Contest, and reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Contest should any virus, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In the event of any cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted and judging will take place from among all eligible entries received prior to such time. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant if his or her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the Contest. Entries will be considered made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. By submitting an entry in the Contest, you acknowledge and agree that Sponsor shall be permitted to use your entry data for marketing purposes consistent with their privacy policies and applicable law. All entrants further agree that in the event of any third party claims, damages, losses or injuries, arising from or relating to this Contest, they will indemnify Sponsor from any and all such claims, including the attorneys' fees related thereto. By accepting prize, winner agrees to release Sponsor, The Promotion Pipeline, Inc. their respective directors, employees, officers, and agents, including without limitation, their advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize-related activities. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical, printing, or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials related to the Contest.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE, MANIPULATE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- DISPUTES, GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE: ENTRANT AGREES THAT: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT REGARD TO PRINCIPLES OF CONFICTS OF LAW; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, IF ANY, BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ENTRANT BE ENTITLED TO RECEIVE ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
- WINNER'S LIST: For a copy of the winner’s list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked by June 1, 2014 to: Mary Mary Singing Spotlight Winners List, c/o The Promotion Pipeline, PO Box 162, Huntington Station, NY 11746 or visit www.wetv.com. Requests will be fulfilled/name will be posted, after the winner’s name has been verified. For a copy of the official rules, visit www.wetv.com. VT residents may omit return postage.
- SPONSOR: This Contest is sponsored by WE: Women’s Entertainment LLC, 11 Penn Plaza, New York, NY 10001.