Many of you wrote in requesting the Bruce family secrets, including Todd's iced coffee recipe, Laura's recipe for cleaning products and where to buy the shower head timer. Well, here's everything you asked for... check it out!
The Brumsey Frap (this is a healthier version adapted from Starbucks recipe)
• 3/4 cup double-strength coffee. I like the whole bean version since it tastes fresher. You can get a pound of Starbucks brand coffee for under $6 with sales and coupons.
• 1 to 2 packets of Truvia (this brand tastes the best) shopping list depending on your taste.
• 1 cup skim or low fat milk
• 1 1/2 to 2 cups ice
• Low fat whipped cream (optional)
• Sugar free chocolate or carmel syrup- 2 tbs (optional)
• Milk chocolate chips (optional)
Natural Cleaning Supplies
The family used this website:
Looking for a shower timer that cuts water flow? Check out the Shower Manager:
You can sign up for this program by going to: www.couponsense.com
Coupon Sense is only offered in selected states so make sure your state is represented before you sign up. The program offers coaches that will come to your house and help you shop the first time. Also, there are tons of tutorials and support whenever you need it. Here are some quick tips, provided by Laura:
• As a member you can get Sunday newspapers at a reduced price. The formula is to buy a newspaper for each member of the family. For instance, if you have a husband and 2 kids, you should have 4 Sunday papers delivered.
• Learn how to file your Sunday papers. Each week is given a letter and a series of numbers. Buy a container/crate to store and have these organized for easy access.
• Do not clip coupons until you need them. Staple the whole booklet together so that you can buy items on sale in bulk (this is explained in a tutorial).
• You will usually have at least 3 or 4 items per week that are free or even money makers! I always "buy" these items. If you don’t need them, send them to soldiers or give them to family or friends.
• Be patient! Don’t try to figure the whole thing out right away! There is SO much information so just learn the basics at first. As long as you know how to file your coupons and make a shopping list (on the website) you are ready to save!
Laura's Member Number is: 2005467
When you sign up, tell them Laura sent you. When you refer a friend, you get a free month.
"Couponsense is truly amazing! It does cost $15 per month but the first month is free. You need to be patient since you need to gather a few weeks worth of Sunday paper coupons before you see major benefits. Once you get the hang of it, your goal should be to save at least 50% or more when you go grocery shopping. Once of my favorite places to shop is CVS. Since we have so many kids we go through tons of shampoo, soap, toothpaste, deodorant, etc. They usually have good deals on these products and offer 'earned bucks' which is like cash back. Right now, we probably have a year’s worth of toothpaste and shampoo that we have gotten free or for a fraction of the cost." — Laura