Hairstylist to celebs and star of WE tv’s new series L.A. Hair has one of the most successful salons in Hollywood. Want to know how she keeps her business in tip-top shape? Kim offers her five foundations for maintaining a flourishing salon.
1. Write it down: Create it like a business plan. Write out your vision and create a vision board including how you want the salon to look and the type of people you want working there. If you cannot visualize it then you can’t achieve it! Put it on paper. Express how you want your dream to unfold.
2. Your team is important: Business management, a great attorney, a great marketing and PR person and most importantly you need a trustworthy and hard-working salon manager. Build a great team and trust them!
3. Manage and oversee your team: Look at all the details. Everything has to come from you. The devil is in the details. Know every aspect of your business. Leave no stone unturned.
4. Having a great plan for customer service: You have to have a strategy for how to please and impress your customers. Without a solid customer base you’ll never get referrals. It’s all about word of mouth.
5. Have a great marketing plan: You need to know what your goals are, be focused on what you want people to see. And of course, as with any business, it’s all about location, location, location.