You love Erica Campbell’s music and are patiently anticipating her new show Mary Mary on WE tv, but do you know what her favorite food and TV shows are? We asked Erica to share some fun facts so we can learn a little more about her life.
1. I love Desperate Housewives; it is one of my favorite TV shows.
2. I love tacos… Period!
3. I went to Lynwood High School.
4. I loved singing in my church choir.
5. I sang classical music for 2 years in college.
6. I stopped singing at 13 years old because I forgot the words to a song. So I didn’t sing again until I was 16!
7. I have a group of friends called the “G’s” (OG friends) that have known me since I was a teenager. We all went to church and sang in the choir together.
8. I like spending time alone with just ME! 🙂
9. I love PB & J but it has to be creamy peanut butter.
10. I love Cheetos & oatmeal cookies together!
11. I went to hair school and worked in a salon.
12. My 1st car was a 1990 Toyota Tercel.
13. My 1st real job was a courtesy clerk at a grocery store.
14. I sang background for Brian McKnight, Brandy, & Eric Benet.
15. Tina and I got a publishing deal as songwriters before we became Mary Mary.
16. My birthday is April 29th.
17. I love turkey & cheese sandwiches.
18. I wish Martin was still on TV!
19. I love romantic comedies.
20. I love standards and secretly want to do an album of Pop standards.
21. I always wanted to be in a musical like “West Side Story,” “Sound of Music,” or “Singing in the Rain!”
22. I WILL sing with Aretha Franklin and Barbra Streisand one day.
23. … and James Taylor, too!
24. I want to go back to college and get my degree.
25. I love Jack Black comedy movies & I do not like scary movies.