Vinny's Treat: The Perfect Vanilla Butter Cake: YIELDS 1 HALF SIZE SHEET PAN
• 400 g all purpose flour
• 1 tsp. baking soda
• 1 tsp. baking powder
• 310 g unsalted butter
• 320 g butter milk
• 6 whole eggs
• 2 tsp. vanilla
• ½ tsp. salt
• 520 g granulated sugar
• Grease and parchment paper 1 half-sheet pan.
• Pre-heat the oven until 350 degrees.
• Mix all the dry ingredients together.
• Cream the butter and sugar until very light and fluffy.
• Once the butter and sugar is creamed nicely add the eggs and vanilla, mix to incorporate.
• Alternate the dry ingredients and buttermilk on low until combined. Do not overbeat or the cake will be tough.
• Pour the batter into the half sheet pan and spread it out evenly.
• Bake for about 15 minutes until the cake is golden brown and springs back to the touch.
Vinny's Signature Flourless Chocolate Cake: Note: this cake is for chocoholics only!
• 1 cup water
• ¾ cup granulated sugar
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 9 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 18 ounces very high quality semi-sweet or dark chocolate
• 6 eggs
• 1 cup heavy whipping cream
• 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate
Preparation for Cake:
• Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
• Heavily butter a 9-inch. Spring form pan and then dust it with some cocoa powder.
• Wrap 3 layers of heavy-duty foil around outside of pan, bringing foil to top of rim. (Because this will be baked in a water bath)
• Bring the water, sugar, and salt to a boil and cook until the sugar is dissolved.
• Melt the butter and chocolate over a double boiler until smooth.
• Whisk the sugar syrup into the melted butter and chocolate mixture.
• Add eggs one at a time whisking until combined, add vanilla.
• Pour into spring-form pan and bake in a water bath for about 45-50 minutes. The cake should be slightly jiggly in the center and a toothpick should come out with moist crumbs. This cake is better slightly undercooked then overcooked. After it’s baked cool it on a wire rack.
• Boil the heavy cream and pour over the chopped chocolate.
• Stir from the center out until smooth.
• Pour over the cake (while still in the pan) and let it set over night in the refrigerator.
This cake can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated. Run a warm knife around the sides of the pan to loosen the cake then release the sides and lift it off. Cut the cake into wedges and serve with whipped cream and a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
Cammy's Spaghetti Pie
• 1.25 lbs Spaghetti
• 1 Lb Ham (Prosciutto, Pancetta or Bacon) chopped into bite size pieces
• 1 lb mozzarella cubed
• 3 lbs Ricotta
• 1 Cup grated Parmesan
• 4 Eggs
• Salt and Pepper
• Seasoned Breadcrumbs
• 4 Tbs Butter or Margarine
Preheat Oven to 350. Bring pot of water to boil and toss in a tablespoon of salt. While waiting for water to boil grease 12x14 casserole pan with butter or cooking spray.
Add 1.25 lbs spaghetti to water, breaking in half before adding. Drizzle 1 Tb olive oil into water. Boil for 5-10 minutes until pasta is slightly less cooked than you normally like it (it will continue cooking in the oven).
While pasta cooks combine meat, mozzarella, Ricotta, Parmesan and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
Once pasta is just shy of done remove from heat, strain and add pasta into meat, cheese and egg mixture and stir to combine. Spread evenly into greased casserole pan. Spread seasoned breadcrumbs on top of pasta and dab with 4 Tbs of butter.
Place in oven for 20 - 30 minutes or until top is golden brown and bubbling.
Cammy's Chicken Cutlets
• 3 Lbs Chicken Cutlets
• 2 Cups Seasoned Breadcrumbs
• ½ Cup Olive Oil (plus more if needed)
• Cooking Spray
Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
Drunk cutlets in olive oil and then into seasoned bread crumbs until thoroughly coated.
Lay on baking sheet.
Bake at 350 until golden brown. About 20 minutes or until juices run clear.