Get a behind the scenes look at the lives of the Lylas from our crew’s perspective with these exclusive details from our producer’s notebook. In these notes written during Aloha, L.A., our crew spent time with the Lylas in the recording studio, their house in Hawaii and during their move to L.A.
Want more from the premiere episode of The Lylas? Click here to check out a gallery!
It’s no secret that The LYLAS have a very famous brother. It’s also no secret that they can sing, have a great sense of style and exude confidence. However, there are a few things that you don’t know about them…until now, that is! The girls are sharing some little-known facts, desires and secrets!
Check out some of the most interesting things about The LYLAS and don’t miss the premiere on Friday, November 8th at 9|8c on WE tv.
- Jaime’s very first job was working at Baskin Robbins.
- Tiara is afraid of the dark. Terrified, actually.
- Presley is a reality TV junkie.
- Tahiti was a chubby tomboy growing up.
- Tiara can skateboard and surf.
- Presley hates Halloween. (Although you wouldn’t know it! Check out these Halloween photos!)
- Jaime has what she calls “a potato chip addiction.”
- After growing up chubby, Tahiti is now a self-proclaimed “health fanatic.”
- A right of passage for many, Presley has never been to a high school dance or prom.
- An all-natural water birth set the scene for Jaime’s first son, Marley, to enter the world. However, her second boy, Jaimo, was born six weeks pre-mature.
- Although she loves singing, Tiara had a totally different career path: She was once a pre-school teacher.
- Believe it or not, Tahiti claims that she wants to be a mermaid.
What are the names of SWV’s talented women?
Answer: Coko, Taj and Lelee
What was the name of SWV’s debut album that went double platinum in its first year?
Answer: It’s About Time
What SWV number 1 hit used samples from Michael Jackson’s Human Nature?
Answer: Right Here
What hit song in 1993 established this trio as a force in the R&B world?
Answer: I Am So Into You
What year was SWV nominated for “Best New Artist” at the Grammys?
Watch this throwback video of one our favorite SWV songs and be sure to catch Sisters With Voices on WEtv in a new series coming in 2014.
Get a glimpse into Tamar and Vince’s lives from our crew’s perspective with these exclusive details from our producer’s notebook. In these notes jotted during Momma Works Hard For Her Coin, our producer spends time on the crazy set of Tamar’s reality show “The Real”.
Here at WE tv, WE are obsessed with the new members of our family, and Logan is NO exception.
And our #Tamartian friends just couldn’t help themselves from making equally adorable (and hysterical!) memes of the little cutie.
Jaime, Tiara, Tahiti and Presley uprooted themselves and pushed their relationships to the test in the new series, The LYLAS. The WE tv cameras were there to capture all of the drama – from fights over practice time to tears over an unexpected death – but there are a few things that you wouldn’t know unless you were there. Go behind the scenes with exclusive producer’s notes to find out some of the most interesting facts about the girls and don’t forget to tune in for the premiere on Friday, November 8 at 9|8c.
- Tahiti insisted on driving all the time. In fact, you will see Tahiti drive in most scenes on the show. But her sisters couldn’t stand her driving and often complained about it.
- While living in their new LA home, Presley was so afraid of the broken lights flickering outside the house at night, production had to permanently shade the windows for the rest of the shoot.
- The family plays croquette as if they’d been playing their whole lives. But in fact, the only reason they play is Bernie found a croquette set in the garbage. And the family plays so much they’ve now adopted the past time as a way to solve disputes with each other.
- Growing up, Bernie taught the girls cursing was wrong. But if the girls cursed and they truly meant it, it was allowed.
- While on set, Presley’s love of animals was very apparent when she talked about wanting to open a dog shelter and a homeless shelter in one location. The homeless people would have to take care of the dogs to pay for their room and board.
- During production, the sisters were having a water balloon fight and Tahiti was very upset about this fun playtime because she insisted the water in the balloons was making her sick.
- The girls hated walking up the front stairs to the house so much so, they would use production stairs at the back of the house since there were less steps.
At the end of last week, #TamarandVince were getting into an argument around an innocent comment that could be taken out of context during a stressful time. This week, WE pick up right where we left off!
It seems like Tamar was just trying to stress that she loves both of them and would never let anything harm them in anyway. TVQuote: “My feelings are my feelings.” But then Vince goes and leaves Tamar in the car with all the bags? #HeTriedIt
Thankfully, this couple hits the town with Terrell for some cocktails, so WE expect the moods of these new parents to change very shortly. TVQuote: “She’s gonna be white girl drunk tonight.” This adult conversation quickly turns into who’s getting an “oink oink” tonight and they haven’t even started drinking yet! #CoverYourEars
Mama E has come back to L.A. with the new and improved Herberts so she can make sure she is there to see Logan grow up. But, don’t get it twisted… this Braxton still has a lot of life left in her. TVQuote: “You’re trying to lift up your skirt and fly, baby.”
It is back to business as usual for Tay Tay as she meets up with Ashley for the wardrobe fitting for her album cover. TVQuote: “He doesn’t know I’m thick-ums, for real.” TVQuote: “If I was a rapper that would be my name. MC Fat.” Ashley is willing to go back and pull some more ideas in larger sized, but Tamar does not think larger sizes mean she’s gotten her snatch back. TVQuote: “Tomorrow I’m not going to be a size 4 and that’s a problem.” But you know SHE brings it once the cameras are on for her album shoot. Like Tamar said, TVQuote: “I have an album that I worked very hard on, and I don’t want to push it back.”
A few weeks later, it is time for the “Mommy and Me” Us Weekly photo shoot where Logan is beat to high heaven in some Versace and Dior. TVQuotes: “He’s a prince.” The pictures are purely precious and the prince is on his best behavior while Vince “works them to the bone.” TVQuote: Are you Ike Jr.?”
Get a glimpse into Tamar and Vince’s lives from our crew’s perspective with these exclusive details from our producer’s notebook. In these notes jotted during Jet Set Baby, our producer takes a ride in a private jet with our favorite couple and their newest addition to the family.
WE couldn’t wait to share the first sneak peek of the new WE tv series, SWV. This will NOT disappoint. Keep following us on Twitter and Facebook to be the first to know everything about the new series coming in 2014!
Will & Grace has found a home on WE tv, and it seems like this was JUST what our avid fans needed. Since starting back in September, WE have received an overwhelming amount of tweets thanking us for the new edition. WE must admit… WE are just as happy as you are.
— Alicia L Booth (@ALBee115) October 23, 2013
— Shawna Levins (@SShawna_LLevins) October 23, 2013
— Sara M. Medina (@_SaraMedina_) October 23, 2013
— Gina (@geena1029) October 23, 2013
— Christina (@DMBamore) October 23, 2013
And then there is that moment when @WEtv goes from Will and Grace to the Departed. My inner gay and inner fangirl are at peace.
— Katy Chung (@VeganCinephile) October 22, 2013
— Melissa (@DannysTrouble) October 21, 2013