Official Rules 2012
WE FALL IN LOVE SWEEPSTAKES
Official Rules 2012
No Purchase Or Text Message Necessary To Enter Or Win. A Purchase Or Text Message Of Any Kind Will Not Increase Your Chances Of Winning. Void Where Prohibited.
- Sweepstakes Period: WE Fall in Love Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) will begin on 2/1/12 at 12:00:01 am Eastern Time (“ET”) and will end on 3/4/12 at 11:59:59 pm ET. The Sponsor’s clock will be the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes. All entries will become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to permanent legal US residents currently residing in one (1) of the fifty (50) US States (including the District of Columbia), who are at least eighteen (18) years of age, or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, whichever is greater, at the time of entry. Employees, directors and officers of Women’s Entertainment LLC (“Sponsor”), Bottlerocket Marketing Group, LLC (“Administrator”), Tanger Factory Outlet Centers, Inc (“Promotional Partner”) and any of Sponsor’s, Administrator’s or Promotional Partner’s respective affiliates, parents, subsidiary companies, and advertising and promotion agencies (collectively the “Sweepstakes Entities”) and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside), and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible. Void in Puerto Rico and everywhere else outside the U.S. and where prohibited, or otherwise restricted by law. Subject to all federal, state, and local laws. By entering the sweepstakes, Participants are bound by and agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding.
- How to Enter: There are three (3) ways to enter the Sweepstakes: online, via standard text message, or via designated drop boxes, as detailed below. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person, per day, regardless of method of entry or email address used to enter. Entries received from any person, regardless of email address used, in excess of this stated limitation will void such extra entries and may void all entries submitted by such entrant, at Sponsor’s discretion.
- Grand Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”):
- Random Drawing & Verification/Notification: The one (1) potential Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing (the “Drawing”) that will be performed on or about 3/16/12, from among all eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period, regardless of method of entry. Administrator, who is an independent judging organization, will conduct the Drawing. The decisions of Administrator and Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. The odds of being selected as the potential Grand Prize winner are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period. The potential Grand Prize winner must comply with these Official Rules as published in order to be named the official Grand Prize winner. Sponsor or Administrator will notify the potential Grand Prize winner by phone and/or email, on or about one (1) business day after the random drawing is performed. Upon notification or notification attempt, potential Grand Prize winner will be required to execute and return an affidavit of acceptance, eligibility, liability and publicity release (where legal) and a W-9 Form, within seven (7) days of such notification or notification attempt (or less if specified by Sponsor upon notification or in the release documents, due to exigencies) or the Grand Prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential Grand Prize winner, who will be selected in a random drawing from among remaining eligible entries, if any, will be notified by phone and/or email. Sponsor will attempt to contact the potential Grand Prize winner two (2) times during the seven (7) day period. If notification attempts for the potential Grand Prize winner fail for any reason, or if the potential Grand Prize winner does not comply with these Official Rules, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential Grand Prize winner will be selected from among remaining eligible entries, if any. Acceptance of the Grand Prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its designees to use the Grand Prize winner’s name, voice, actual or simulated likeness, opinions, and biographical information in connection with the Sweepstakes and show, and the exploitation thereof (including, without limitation, for advertising and promotional purposes) in perpetuity, throughout the universe, in all media whether now known or hereafter devised, without additional compensation, unless prohibited by
- Grand Prize Conditions: It is the responsibility of the Grand Prize winner and guest to be in possession of all necessary travel documentation (e.g., ID, valid passport and visa, as applicable) at the time and place of departure, or prize may be forfeited. Grand Prize trip must be taken within one (1) year of acceptance or all inclusive trip portion of the prize and all components that go along with it will be forfeited, the remainder of the Grand Prize will be awarded, and no further compensation or obligations shall be given or owed to Grand Prize winner. Actual value of the Grand Prize depends on any fluctuations in current market conditions at time of prize fulfillment and the location of Grand Prize winner’s residence. Any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value, if any, will not be awarded as cash. The Grand Prize trip is subject to air/hotel availability, the vagaries of flight variation, work stoppages, schedule or route changes, holiday and blackout dates, and any other travel conditions/restrictions that may apply. All other expenses relating to acceptance of the Grand Prize not explicitly stated herein, including, but not limited to, taxes, gratuities, meals outside resort, luggage fees, other events, are solely the responsibility of the Grand Prize winner and/or guest. Complete terms and conditions of the Grand Prize trip will be furnished with prize notification and/or further correspondences. Travel will be made through the Sponsor’s agent on a carrier and from an airport of the Sponsor’s choice. Air transportation tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. Grand Prize winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary. Trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for upgrade or frequent flyer miles. Guest must be eighteen (18) years of age or older (unless Sponsor agrees otherwise), or if the guest is a minor, the winner must be such companion’s parent or legal guardian. The Sweepstakes Entities will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, or certificates. Once travel commences, no unscheduled stopovers are permitted; if an unscheduled stopover occurs, full fare will be charged from stopover point for the remaining segments, including return. The Sponsor, and/or any other relevant party, reserves the right to remove or to deny entry to the Grand Prize winner or guest if they act in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. The Sweepstakes Entities shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions, substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. If any portion of the Grand Prize is unable to take place as planned, for any reason, including, but not limited to, cancellation, scheduling conflicts or an event of force majeure, that portion of the prize will be forfeited, the remaining components of the Grand Prize will be awarded, the Sponsor’s obligation to the Grand Prize winner will be deemed fulfilled, and no other additional compensation will be provided. Grand Prize conditions may be added or modified by companies providing those portions of the prize. Grand Prize is awarded “AS IS” and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied, including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
- General Rules: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” of an e-mail address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. In the event of a dispute over the identity of the potential winner, the natural person who is authorized account holder of the email address or mobile phone number will be declared the potential Grand Prize winner.
- Limitations of Liability: Entrants, by participating in the Sweepstakes, release and agree to hold the Sweepstakes Entities harmless from and against any and all liability, claims or action of any kind whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including death and bodily injury, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Grand Prize, including participating in this Sweepstakes or in any Sweepstakes-related activity, whether sponsored, held by or paid for by a third party or by Sponsor. Additionally, the Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, incomplete, misdirected, garbled, damaged, delayed or undelivered entries or text messages; or for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by phone, computer, human, or Internet malfunction or interference, tampering, manipulation, weather or natural disaster, acts of war, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation; or for failed computer, satellite, telephone, wireless or cable transmissions, lines or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries or text messages, the announcement of the prize or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for lost, interrupted or inaccessible or unavailable network, server, wireless service, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections or any combination thereof. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it suspects of tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules, or to be acting in a unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, photocopied, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods or third-party software or website or any other devices which subvert the entry process will void all entries by such methods, and disqualify any entrant using such methods. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of, but not limited to, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, virus, bug, worms, unauthorized human intervention or any other causes which Sponsor, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, deems could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and post notice as they see fit on-site. If Sponsor terminates the Sweepstakes prior to the end of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will select the potential Grand Prize winner in a random drawing from among all valid, non-suspect, eligible entries received prior to termination, if any, or as otherwise may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor.
- Governing Law and Venue: ENTRANT AGREES THAT: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, AND EXCLUSIVELY BY THE APPROPRIATE STATE OR FEDERAL COURT LOCATED IN THE COUNTY OF NEW YORK; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ENTRANT BE ENTITLED TO RECEIVE ATTORNEYS’ FEES; AND (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES, AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED ARE HEREBY WAIVED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
- Winners’ List: For the name of the Grand Prize winner, available after 3/23/12, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to be received by 6/30/12, to: WE Fall in Love Sweeps, c/o Bottlerocket Marketing Group LLC, 298 5th Avenue, 2nd Floor, NY, NY, 10001.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Women’s Entertainment, LLC, 11 Penn Plaza, 19th Floor, New York, NY 10001.
A) Via Online Registration – During the Sweepstakes Period, visit www.wetv.com/dream-sweeps (the “Promotional Site”), follow the instructions to complete all required information on the entry form, and submit the online entry form (hereinafter an “entry”). Incomplete entries will not be eligible. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your on-line service provider will apply. All entries submitted via this method must be received by 11:59:59 pm ET on 3/4/12 to be eligible.
B) Via Standard Text Message – During the Sweepstakes Period, text the word DREAM to short-code 39227. You will then receive a text message from the Sweepstakes Entities prompting you to “reply to the text with your email address in order to complete your entry” (hereinafter an “entry”). Please note entries will not be complete or accepted until this secondary step is completed. Your mobile phone must be capable of sending and receiving text messages to participate via this method. Message and Data Rates may apply for messages sent and received. See your wireless provider for pricing plan details. All entries submitted via this method must be received by 11:59:59 pm ET on 3/4/12 to be eligible.
C) Via Drop Box: During the Sweepstakes Period, visit a “Shopper Services Suite” at any participating Tanger Factory Outlet Center in the United States, fill out all required information on an entry form that will be available at the Shopper Services Suite, and drop the entry form into the provided drop box (hereinafter an “entry”). Entry forms must be complete and legible in order to be eligible. Any incomplete entry forms will be disqualified. All entries submitted via this method must be received by the close of business of the applicable Shopper Services Suite, Local Time (“LT”), to be eligible.
Grand Prize (1): One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive one (1) WE Fall in Love Prize Package, which consists of the following elements: (a) a 6-day/5-night all-inclusive stay for two (2) adults at the Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa in Saint Lucia. This all-inclusive stay includes five (5) nights of hotel accommodations in the adults-only Harmony Wing of the resort, unlimited meals, drinks (certain alcoholic brands only), and snacks, available daily activities, available nightly entertainment, and one (1) Island Tour through the Saint Lucia Tourist Board; (b) round trip coach class air transportation for two (2) from a major airport near Grand Prize winner’s home at Sponsor’s discretion, to Hewanorra Airport in Saint Lucia; (c) round trip ground transportation to/from Hewanorra Airport to/from Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa; and (d) one (1) one thousand dollar ($1,000) Tanger Outlets Gift Card which can be used toward a shopping spree at any Tanger Factory Outlet Center. The total ARV of the Grand Prize package is five thousand four hundred and ninety five dollars ($5,495).
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANTS HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR BE LIABLE TO ANY ENTRANT OR WINNER FOR DAMAGES THAT EXCEED THE VALUE OF THE PRIZE TO BE AWARDED TO THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. SPONSOR’S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY PROVISION IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES WILL NOT BE DEEMED A WAIVER OF SUCH.