WE tv CRIMINAL MINDS SUMMER STAKEOUT TRIVIA CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.1. ELIGIBILITY: The WE tv Criminal Minds Summer Stakeout Trivia Contest (“Contest”) is open to individuals 18 years of age or older as of date of entry and who are legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. Void wherever prohibited by law. Employees of WE tv LLC (“Sponsor”) and Workinman Interactive, LLC and The Promotion Pipeline, Inc. (herein collectively “Agencies”), their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, production and promotion agencies, and the immediate families and members of the same household of each are not eligible. All federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations apply.
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Contest, you must have a Twitter and/ or Facebook account. If you are not an existing member of Twitter or Facebook you will be required to follow the directions and join. When you join Twitter and Facebook you are indicating that you have read and agree to accept Twitter and Facebook’s Terms of Service and Privacy Policies. Membership to these services is free.
Contest begins at 12:00:01 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on July 13, 2020 and ends at 2:59:59 AM (ET) on September 8th, 2020 (“Contest Period”) and consists of eight (8) separate weekly entry periods (“Weekly Entry Period”):
Weekly Entry Periods
1 Monday, July 13th, 2020 at 4:00:00 PM ET – Sunday, July 19th, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM ET
2 Monday, July 20th, 2020 at 4:00:00 PM ET – Sunday, July 26th, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM ET
3 Monday, July 27th, 2020 at 4:00:00 PM ET – Sunday, August 2nd, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM ET
4 Monday, August 3rd, 2020 at 4:00:00 PM ET – Sunday, August 9th, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM ET
5 Monday, August 10th, 2020 at 4:00:00 PM ET – Sunday, August 16th, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM ET
6 Monday, August 17th, 2020 at 4:00:00 PM ET – Sunday, August 23rd, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM ET
7 Monday, August 20th, 2020 at 4:00:00 PM ET – Sunday, August 30th, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM ET
8 Monday, August 31st, 2020 at 4:00:00 PM ET – Sunday, September 6th, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM ET
To enter the Contest, visit www.wetv.com/games/criminal-minds-trivia (“Website”) during the Contest Period to answer the weekly Contest trivia questions. During each Weekly Entry Period, 125 new trivia questions will be posted (“Weekly Trivia Quiz”). Entrants will have 15 seconds to answer each question and will be awarded 100 points (“Trivia Points”) for each question answered correctly for a maximum of 12,500 Trivia Points per Weekly Trivia Quiz. A new Weekly Trivia Quiz will be posted during each Weekly Entry Period. Weekly Trivia Quizzes can be taken at any time during the Contest Period however each entrant will only be able to take a Weekly Trivia Quiz one time. Entrants will not be able to go back and answer incorrect questions a second time. During each Weekly Entry Period entrants can double their weekly Trivia Points earning bonus points (“Bonus Points”) by watching Criminal Minds on WE tv either between Mondays 4:00:00 PM ET/PT and Tuesdays 1:00:00 AM ET/PT or Saturdays between 10:00:00 AM ET/PT and Sundays 1:00:00 AM ET/PT to obtain a Weekly Bonus Code and then visit the Website to input the Weekly Bonus Code. (Maximum of 12,500 Weekly Bonus Points per Weekly Trivia Quiz.) A Weekly Bonus Code may only be entered one time. Each Weekly Bonus Code is only valid during the Weekly Entry Period in which it is posted on air. If an entrant does not take the Weekly Trivia Quiz during the Weekly Entry Period in which it is posted they forfeit the ability to earn Weekly Bonus Points. Between September 7th, 2020 at 4:00:00 PM ET and September 8th, 2020 at 2:59:59 AM ET entrants can earn 10,000 additional Bonus Points by watching Criminal Minds on WE tv between 4:00:00 PM ET/PT and 11:59:59 PM ET/PT to obtain a final Weekly Bonus Code and then visit the Website to input the final Weekly Bonus Code prior to the conclusion of the Contest Period.
Either after completing each Weekly Trivia Quiz/ entering a Weekly Bonus Code or before the conclusion of the Contest Period, entrant must sign into the Website using either their Facebook or Twitter log in information (email address and password). Upon signing in with either Facebook or Twitter, the entrant’s points will be tallied and added to the Contest Leader Board which will be posted on the Website. Entrants who do not log in will not have their points added to the Leader Board and their Points will be forfeited. Points will be accrued for the duration of the Contest Period. Entrants can earn a maximum of 100,000 Trivia Points and a maximum of 110,000 Bonus Points for a maximum of 210,000 Total Points.
Entrants agree to be bound by and acknowledge compliance with these official rules including eligibility requirements. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the e-mail account will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized account holder” of an e-mail address is the natural person in whose name the e-mail address has been issued. A selected winner may be asked to provide Sponsor with proof that the selected winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. If a dispute cannot be resolved, the entry will be deemed ineligible. Use of automated devices not valid for entry. Entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
3. WINNER SELECTION/ NOTIFICATION: At the conclusion of the Contest Period the entrant with the highest number of accumulated Total Points will be deemed the Grand Prize Winner. In the event of a tie in the number of Total Points, the Grand Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing from the tied entries with the most Total Points. The Contest judging will be conducted by an independent judging organization, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Contest. The Grand Prize Winner will be notified via Twitter or Facebook direct message depending on which means of logging in is used. Grand Prize Winner will have three (3) days to respond via the e-mail address provided with their name, address, email address and telephone number (“Contact Information”). Upon receipt of Contact Information, Grand Prize Winner will be sent and required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability which must be signed and received by Sponsor or its designated agent within 14 (fourteen) days of date printed on notification or the prize will be awarded to the entrant with the next highest Total Points. If any prize notification or any prize is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be awarded to the entrant with the next highest Total Points.
4. PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize: $2,500 paid via check and Criminal Minds memorabilia and gifts valued at $500. Total Approximate Prize Value: $3,000.00. All taxes and other expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise.
5. PRIZE CONDITIONS: Agencies will furnish an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 to the Grand Prize Winner for the actual retail value of prizes for the tax year in which Prize was accepted for all prizes valued at $600.00 or greater. Grand Prize Winner is responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes) and all other costs associated with Prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided. No transfers of prizes, in whole or in part, will be permitted, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
6. GENERAL: This Contest offer is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations. Sponsor and judges not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, incorrect, incomplete, illegible, garbled, misaddressed, or misdirected entries, misrouted or scrambled transmissions or communications, for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of telephone, Internet, computer hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any telephone or computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Contest, and reserve the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Contest should any virus, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Contest in the event the day and/ or time that Criminal Minds airs changes or is canceled, therefore rendering the Contest in operable as intended by these Official Rules. In the event of any cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted the Grand Prize will be awarded to the entrant with the highest Total Points from all eligible entries received up until the time of termination. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant if his or her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the Contest. By participating in this Contest, each entrant and Winner accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the judges and warrants that s/he is eligible to participate in this Contest. By submitting an entry in the Contest, each entrant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor shall be permitted to use entry data for marketing purposes consistent with their privacy policies and applicable law. All entrants further agree that in the event of any third party claims, damages, losses or injuries, arising from or relating to this Contest, they will indemnify Sponsor and Agencies from any and all such claims, including the attorneys' fees related thereto. Entrants further release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, Agencies and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, members, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability, claims, actions, loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may be sustained in connection with this Contest, including, but not limited to: (a) the receipt, ownership or use or misuse of any prize awarded; (b) participation in any Contest-related activity, including, without limitation, travel; (c) any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action; (d) any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or any other materials disseminated by Sponsor; and (e) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers, or providers used by an entrant or Sponsor.
7. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE, MANIPULATE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. DISPUTES, GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE: ENTRANT AGREES THAT: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT REGARD TO PRINCIPLES OF CONFICTS OF LAW; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS CONTEST, IF ANY, BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ENTRANT BE ENTITLED TO RECEIVE ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
9. WINNER’S NAME: For a copy of the winner’s name, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked by September 10, 2020 to: WE tv Criminal Minds 15th Anniversary Trivia Contest Winners List, c/o The Promotion Pipeline, 170 Old Country Road, Suite 316, Mineola, NY 11501 or visit www.wetv.com/games/criminal-minds-trivia. Requests will be fulfilled/name will be posted, after the winner’s name has been verified. For a copy of the official rules, visit www.wetv.com/games/criminal-minds-trivia. VT residents may omit return postage.
10. SPONSOR: This contest is sponsored by WE tv LLC, 11 Penn Plaza, New York, NY 10001. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter or Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to WE tv LLC and not to Twitter or Facebook. The information you provide will only be used in the event you are selected as a Contest winner or if you have indicated that you would like to receive additional information from Sponsor.