WE tv’s Dress Like a Braxton Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Contest open to individuals 18 years of age or older as of date of entry and who are legal residents of the United States. Contest void wherever prohibited by law, or where the registration or filing requirements of any state or local jurisdiction have not been complied with. Employees of WE: Women’s Entertainment LLC (“Sponsor”) and The Promotion Pipeline (“Agency”), their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, production and promotion agencies, and the immediate families and members of the same household of each are not eligible. All federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations apply.
Contest begins at noon Eastern Time (“ET”) on March 14, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 am ET on May 23, 2013 (“Promotion Period”). The Promotion Period consists of ten (10) Weekly Entry Periods each beginning on Thursday at noon ET and ending the following Thursday at 11:59:59 am ET. To enter log into your Twitter, Tumblr or Instagram account at take a photo of your latest Braxton inspired look. Then hash tag the photo with #styledliketraci, #styledliketoni, #styledliketrina, #styledliketowanda, and #styledliketamar to be automatically entered into the contest. Make sure your settings are public or your photo may not be entered.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the entrant, Submission will be considered made by the authorized account owner of the Twitter, Tubmblr or Instagram account at the time of the entry was submitted. A selected winner may be asked to provide WE tv with proof that the selected winner is the registered owner of the said account. If a dispute cannot be resolved, the entry will be deemed ineligible. Use of automated devices not valid for entry. Entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
3. SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Submission must be an original picture taken by the entrant (“Submission”). No stock photos can be used. Entrants may upload one new picture per day. Uploading more than one picture does not increase the chance of winning. Any entry, which in the sole opinion of Sponsor is deemed to be inappropriate for publication will be deemed ineligible. Once a picture is submitted it cannot be changed, altered or modified. Submission (a) must be the original and sole creation of, and all right, title and interest including but not limited to the copyright in the picture must be owned solely by, the entrant (b) may not contain any nudity or any inappropriate dress as solely determined by the Sponsor, (c) may not have been submitted in any other competition, (d) may not have been published, (e) may not infringe upon any third party’s rights, including but not limited to copyright, patent or trademarks/tradenames/logos, or rights of privacy or publicity, or contain material that is or may be considered defamatory, slanderous or libelous, or portray in a false light; (f) may not violate any law, rule or regulation; and each entrant warrants and represents that his/her picture complies with all of those conditions. Non-complying pictures will be subject to disqualification. By entering, each entrant grants permission for the use of the picture, and his/her name, to be posted on the World Wide Web in connection with this Contest, and the advertising, promotion, and publicity of the Contest, and otherwise, as stated in these Official Rules (as solely determined by Sponsors). All submitted entries become the property of Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned.
4. JUDGING: For each Weekly Entry Period all eligible entries for that week will be judged by a panel composed of employees of Sponsor whose decisions are final and binding on all judging matters. Submissions for each of the first nine (9) weeks do not carry over from one Weekly Entry Period to the next. Submissions from all ten (10) Weekly Entry Periods will be judged for the Grand Prize Drawing.
Submissions will judged 50% on similarity to each Braxton sister’s style and 50% on the overall look. One (1) winner will be selected for each Weekly Entry Period and one (1) Grand Prize Winner will be selected at the conclusion of the Promotion Period. In the event of a tie, the tied entries will be re-judged by a new judge who will serve as a tie-breaker using the same criteria as stated herein.
5. PRIZE: Nine (9) Weekly Prizes: a $500 gift card will be awarded to the winner in each of the first nine (9) Weekly Entry Periods. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded to the winner of the tenth Weekly Entry Period: $500 cash and a four (4) day/ three (3) night trip for the winner and a guest to New Orleans for The 2013 ESSENCE® Festival™ Presented by Coca-Cola® July 5 – 8, 2013. Trip includes round-trip coach airfare for two (2) from major commercial airport nearest winner’s residence within the continental U.S. to New Orleans, three (3) nights hotel accommodations at a hotel selected by the Sponsor (double occupancy), round trip ground transportation between the airport and hotel in New Orleans, two tickets to three days of Essence Music Festival concert events. Maximum Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $4,700.00. Total Maximum Retail Value of All Prizes: $9,200.00 Grand Prize Winner and winner’s travel companion must be available to travel July 4-7, 2013 or the trip portion of the prize will be forfeited in its entirety with no further compensation to the Grand Prize Winner or the Winner’s travel companion. If the closest airport to the Grand Prize winner’s home is in close enough proximity to New Orleans so that, as Sponsor may determine in its sole discretion, a flight is unnecessary, Grand Prize winner will receive alternate transportation from the Sponsor with no further obligation to the Grand Prize winner for any difference in prize value. Actual value of a trip depends the Grand Prize winner’s residence or departure city. Grand Prize Winner’s Travel Companion (parent/guardian if a minor) will be required to execute a Liability/ Publicity release and return it at the same time as the Winner’s affidavit. Grand Prize Winner and Winner’s Travel Companion must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents required for air travel. No substitutions for prizes except by Sponsor or as may be necessary due to unavailability, in which case prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. All taxes and other expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be determined on or about the Wednesday following the conclusion of each Weekly Entry Period. All winners will be notified on or about the Friday following the winner selection via Twitter or Tumblr using the account they entered the Contest with or Instagram’s comment if this method of entry was used, and will have three (3) days to respond via the e-mail address provided with their name, mailing address, email address, telephone number and birth date to confirm that they are 18 years of age or older. All winners will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability which must be signed and received by Sponsors or their designated agent within 14 days of date printed on notification or the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner based on the judging criteria outlined herein. One Weekly Prize per household. Weekly Prize Winners remain eligible for the Grand Prize. If any prize notification letter or any prize is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner based on the judging criteria outlined herein, time permitting. In the event that there is an insufficient number of qualified entries or if the judges determine in their absolute discretion that no or too few entries meet the quality standards established to award the prize, Sponsor reserves the right not to award the prize.
7. GENERAL: This Contest offer is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to this Contest. Prize is nontransferable. By accepting any prize, winner consents to the use of their name, photo, voice, and likeness for promotional, advertising, publicity or trade purposes in any and all media worldwide in perpetuity by Sponsor without further compensation to winner or any other person depicted in photo unless otherwise prohibited by law. Arrangements for the fulfillment of all prizes will be made by the Sponsor. Receipt of any prize is conditioned upon compliance with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. Winners of any prize(s) will be solely responsible for payment of all federal, state and local taxes. Sponsor and judges not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, incorrect, incomplete, illegible, garbled, misaddressed, or misdirected entries, misrouted or scrambled transmissions or communications, for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of telephone, Internet, computer hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any telephone or computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Contest, and reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Contest should any virus, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In the event of any cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted and judging will take place from among all eligible entries received prior to such time. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant if his or her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the Contest. Entries will be considered made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. By submitting an entry in the Contest, you acknowledge and agree that Sponsor shall be permitted to use your entry data for marketing purposes consistent with their privacy policies and applicable law. All entrants further agree that in the event of any third party claims, damages, losses or injuries, arising from or relating to this Contest, they will indemnify Sponsor from any and all such claims, including the attorneys’ fees related thereto. By accepting prize, winner agrees to release Sponsor, Agency, their respective directors, employees, officers, and agents, including without limitation, their advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize-related activities. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical, printing, or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials related to the Contest.
8. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. DISPUTES, GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE: ENTRANT AGREES THAT: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT REGARD TO PRINCIPLES OF CONFICTS OF LAW; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS CONTEST, IF ANY, BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ENTRANT BE ENTITLED TO RECEIVE ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
10. WINNER’S LIST: For a copy of the winners list send a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked by May 30m 2013 to: WE tv Dress Like a Braxton Contest Winners List, c/o The Promotion Pipeline, PO Box 162, Huntington Station, NY 11746 or visit www.wetv.com. Requests will be fulfilled/name will be posted, after the all the winners’ names have been verified. For a copy of the official rules, visit www.wetv.com. VT residents may omit return postage.
11. SPONSOR: This contest is sponsored by WE: Women’s Entertainment LLC, 11 Penn Plaza, New York, NY 10001