Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why am I am being asked to authenticate with my TV provider to access full episodes on the WE tv app? Full episodes are offered as a benefit to TV subscribers whose provider offers the full episode service and whose package includes the WE tv channel. We require a TV login to confirm your access. Please note: The WE tv app does occasionally
make select full episodes available without requiring login.
2. Which TV providers provide access to full episodes on the WE tv app?
If you are unsure whether you have a username/password for your TV company or you’ve forgotten them, you can recover both by contacting your TV provider via the links listed above. More are being added regularly so please check back if you don’t see your
provider on this list. When you click to watch a full episode, you will be offered the opportunity to login using the username/password associated with your TV account. You can also sign in via the main navigation menu.
3. What if my TV provider isn’t listed? If your TV provider does not provide the full episodes service, please check back periodically to see if they’ve been added. We are currently working on bringing new providers on board.
4. Do I need a TV provider log in to watch video extras on the app? No, video extras are available without a TV provider log in.
5. Why am I being signed in automatically to my TV provider? Since we use the same authentication service as other TV apps, your TV provider account may be carried over to the WE tv app for your convenience.
6. Why am I being asked to sign in again? Your TV provider may ask you to re-verify your account periodically.
7. I logged in with my TV provider username/password but when I attempt to play a full episode, I get an error message that says I am not authorized to view this content. What does this mean? If you have seen this message, it means that you are either a customer of a supported TV company but not a customer who subscribes to WE tv, your subscription is for Internet only, or parental control settings are blocking this content. Therefore,
you cannot access the full episode on the WE tv app. If you believe you have received this message in error, please contact your TV company and confirm that you are subscribing to WE tv.
8. Do all full episodes require authentication with my TV provider? Sometimes individual episodes are offered without login requirements during limited promotional periods.
9. Which WE tv originals are featured in the WE tv app? WE tv originals with available full episodes are featured on the home screen. The WE tv app also features our most popular shows. You can access the home screen by clicking on ‘Shows’ in the menu bar.
10. Is closed captioning available on the AMC app? You can always count on WE tv originals being closed-captioned whatever device you use. WE tv is committed to providing closed captioning for our hearing-impaired viewers.
11. Am I able to resume a full episode I was watching before I exited the app? Yes. If you navigate to the ‘Recently Watched’ page found in the main navigation menu, you will see a list of recently watched full episodes. You can tap on an episode to restart or resume play.
12. Can I purchase or download a full episode if it’s not available on the WE tv app? If a full episode is not available on the WE tv app, you will be given the option to purchase the episode.
13. Can I simultaneously sign into multiple devices? Yes, you can simultaneously sign into multiple devices of the same platform but your TV provider may restrict a maximum number of allowed devices for concurrent streaming.
14. Which devices are compatible with the WE tv app? We recommend using the latest device with the latest operating system.
15. Which operating systems are compatible with the WE tv app? We recommend using the latest operating system.
16. Do I need to be connected to the Internet or Wi-Fi to access full episodes on the WE tv app? Yes, you will need a Wi-Fi connection or a 3G connection or higher.
17. Is the app free to download? No purchase is required to download the WE tv app, but to view certain full episodes, you must login with your TV provider.
18. Is the WE tv app available for download internationally?
Currently, the WE tv app is available for download in the United States, Canada and U.S. territories including American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, US Military, United States Minor Outlying Islands and US Virgin Islands.
19. Does the WE tv app have push notifications? We do not have push notifications at the moment.
20. Does the WE tv app support Chromecast? We are currently working to have Chromecast enabled on the WE tv app. We appreciate your patience.
21. I am running into technical difficulties on the WE tv app. What should I do?
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with our app, please make sure you have the correct system requirements. Also, please try closing the app then reopening it and signing in again. If the problem persists, please contact us at
giving detailed information including your device model, operating system and TV provider if applicable.
22. I have a question about the WE tv app that is not listed here. What should I do?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
if you have a question about the WE tv app that is not listed on this page.
23. Have more general questions about WE tv or want to contact us?
Contact WE tv at email@example.com