WE tv I Do Over Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- ELIGIBILITY: Contest open to individuals 18 years of age or older as of date of entry and who are legal residents of the United States. Contest void wherever prohibited by law, or where the registration or filing requirements of any state or local jurisdiction have not been complied with. Employees of WE: Women’s Entertainment LLC (“WEtv”) and The Promotion Pipeline, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, production and promotion agencies, and the immediate families and members of the same household of each are not eligible. All federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations apply.
- HOW TO ENTER: Contest begins at 12:00:00 noon (ET) on October 31, 2011 and ends at 12:00:00 noon (ET) on December 19, 2011. To enter visit www.wetv.com upload an original picture (optional) (JPG, GIF, PNG or BMP and a maximum file size 350KB) and an essay (maximum 1800 characters, or 350 words) explaining a life event (such as a wedding, birthday, bar mitzvah, etc…) that you would like to do over. Then complete and submit official contest entry form including name, address, e-mail address, telephone number and date of birth and affirmatively indicate acknowledgement and acceptance of these Official Rules and all other terms and conditions governing the Contest.
- SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Entry is deemed to be the essay or combined submission of photo and essay. The Entrant MUST be the subject the Submission wishing to do over a life event. No stock photos can be used. Any entry, which in the sole opinion of Sponsor is deemed to be inappropriate for publication will be deemed ineligible. Once a picture and essay are submitted they cannot be changed, altered or modified. Submission (a) must be the original and sole creation of, and all right, title and interest including but not limited to the copyright in the picture must be owned solely by, the entrant (b) may not contain any nudity, or in appropriate language as deemed by Sponsor (c) may not have been submitted in any other competition, (d) may not have been published, (e) may not infringe upon any third party’s rights, including but not limited to copyright, patent or trademarks/tradenames/logos, or rights of privacy or publicity, or contain material that is or may be considered defamatory, slanderous or libelous, or portray in a false light; (f) may not violate any law, rule or regulation; and each entrant warrants and represents that his/her Submission complies with all of those conditions. Non-complying Submissions will be subject to disqualification. Entries cannot contain the trademark, trade name or logo of any third party (but may contain the trademark, trade name or logo of the Sponsor) and cannot contain any material that is protected by copyright. By entering, each Entrant grants permission for the use of the Submission, and their name to be used in any media in connection with this Contest, and the advertising, promotion, and publicity of the Contest, and otherwise, as stated in these Official Rules (as solely determined by Sponsor). All submitted nominations become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- JUDGING: All eligible entries will be judged by a WEtv panel of judges whose decisions are final and binding on all judging matters. Submissions will judged on: the photo depicting the event – 20%; the essay describing the event the entrant would like to do over and why – 40%; originality of the Submission – 40%. In the event of a tie, the tied Submission with the highest score in the category of the essay describing their event most deserving of a “do-over” will be deemed the winner.
- PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize: $2,500.00 cash; six (6) months of flower delivery from 1-800-FLOWERS Arrangement Club; and a one (1) hour telephone consultation with a celebrations.com party planning expert. (Approximate Retail Value: $3,109.94) Specific 1-800-FLOWERS Arrangement Club floral arrangements and delivery months can be viewed at http://ww10.1800flowers.com/product.do?baseCode=91627.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: All winners will be determined on or about January 2, 2012. The winners will be notified by mail, telephone or e- mail on or about January 4, 2012. Winner will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability which must be signed and received by Sponsor or its designated agent within 14 days of date printed on notification or the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner based on the judging criteria outlined herein. If any prize notification letter or any prize is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner based on the judging criteria outlined herein.
- ODDS: Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received and the decision of the judges. Entries will not be limited, except as expressly provided above. In the event that there is an insufficient number of qualified entries or if the judges determine in their absolute discretion that no or too few entries meet the quality standards established to award the prizes, Sponsor reserves the right not to award the prizes.
- GENERAL: This Contest offer is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to this Contest. Prize is nontransferable. By accepting any prize, winner consents to the use of their name, photo, voice, and likeness for promotional, advertising, publicity or trade purposes in any and all media worldwide in perpetuity by Sponsor without further compensation to winner or any other person depicted in photo unless otherwise prohibited by law. Arrangements for the fulfillment of all prizes will be made by the Sponsor. Receipt of any prize is conditioned upon compliance with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. Winner of any prize will be solely responsible for payment of all federal, state and local taxes. Sponsor and judges not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, incorrect, incomplete, illegible, garbled, misaddressed, or misdirected entries, misrouted or scrambled transmissions or communications, for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of telephone, Internet, computer hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any telephone or computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Contest, and reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Contest should any virus, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In the event of any cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted and judging will take place from among all eligible entries received prior to such time. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant if his or her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the Contest. Entries will be considered made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. By submitting an entry in the contest, you acknowledge and agree that Sponsor shall be permitted to use your entry data for marketing purposes consistent with their privacy policies and applicable law. All entrants further agree that in the event of any third party claims, damages, losses or injuries, arising from or relating to this Contest, they will indemnify Sponsor from any and all such claims, including the attorneys’ fees related thereto. By accepting prize, winner agrees to release Sponsor, The Promotion Pipeline, Inc. their respective directors, employees, officers, and agents, including without limitation, their advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize-related activities. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical, printing, or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials related to the Contest.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- DISPUTES, GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE: ENTRANT AGREES THAT: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT REGARD TO PRINCIPLES OF CONFICTS OF LAW; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, IF ANY, BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ENTRANT BE ENTITLED TO RECEIVE ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
- WINNERS LIST: For a copy of the winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked by January 2, 2012 to: WE tv I Do Over Contest Winners List, c/o The Promotion Pipeline, PO Box 162, Huntington Station, NY 11746 or visit www.wetv.com. Requests will be fulfilled/name will be posted, after the all the winners’ names have been verified. For a copy of the official rules, visit www.wetv.com or send a self addressed, stamped envelope to: WE tv I Do Over Contest Rules, c/o The Promotion Pipeline, PO Box 162, Huntington Station, NY 11746 VT residents may omit return postage.
- SPONSOR: This contest is sponsored by WE: Women’s Entertainment LLC, 11 Penn Plaza, New York, NY 10001.