WE TV LLC
#LAHairDO CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
VOID OUTSIDE THE US, IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The “THE #LAHairDO CONTEST” (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age and older and who are physically located and reside in the United States or District of Columbia at the time of entry (“Eligible Participant”). Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited. Employees, officers and directors of WE TV LLC (“Sponsor”) and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, TV production partners, advertising and promotion agencies, and promotional suppliers, and the immediate family members (spouses and parents, children and siblings and their spouses, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such individuals are not eligible. All applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations apply.
2. CONTEST ENTRY Period : The Contest begins at 12:00:01 am Eastern Time (“ET”) on July 23, 2015 and ends at 12:00:00 pm ET on September 2, 2015 (the “Contest Period”) and consists of six (6) separate weekly entry periods (“Weekly Entry Period”).
ENTRY VIA INSTAGRAM:
During the Contest Period, post a photo on Instagram of your best hairstyle tagging it with the hashtag #LAHairDo. Only one person can be featured per entry and it must include the entire face and hairstyle. The photo must be clear and bright enough to see the details of the hairstyle. You may include a comment with your photo, but this is not required. (Nor will the inclusion of a comment in any way enhance your odds of winning a prize.) If you do add a comment, all use of the word “photo” (as used in conjunction with entries made via Instagram as per this section) includes the accompanying comment as well. (To enter via Instagram, you must follow @wetv on Instagram.)
BY SUBMITTING A PHOTO ALONG WITH THE HASHTAG #LAHairDo, YOU ARE INDICATING THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND FULLY AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES. DO NOT SUBMIT A PHOTO WITHOUT FIRST REVIEWING THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
Your photo along with the hashtag ##LAHairDo will constitute your entry into this Contest (“Entry”).
Partial or incomplete/piecemeal submissions (e.g., posting a photo without the hashtag #LAHairDo) will NOT BE ACCEPTED.
ENTRY VIA TWITTER:
During the Contest Period, send a tweet with a photo of your best hairstyle. Only one person can be featured per entry and it must include the entire face and hairstyle. The photo must be clear and bright enough to see the details of the hairstyle. If you do add a comment, all use of the word “photo” (as used in conjunction with entries made via Twitter as per this section) includes the accompanying comment as well. (To enter via Twitter, you must follow WEtv (@WEtv on Twitter.)
BY SUBMITTING A TWEET ALONG WITH THE HASHTAG #LAHairDo, YOU ARE INDICATING THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND FULLY AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES. DO NOT SUBMIT A TWEET WITHOUT FIRST REVIEWING THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
Your photo along with the hashtag ##LAHairDo will constitute your entry into this Contest (“Entry”).
Partial or incomplete/piecemeal submissions (e.g., tweeting without the hashtag #LAHairDo) will NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Entry must be created for the sole purpose of this Contest (YOU MUST OTHERWISE COMPLY WITH THE CONTENT GUIDELINES BELOW AND OTHER TERMS HEREIN). For entry, person must be at least 18 years of age (or the age of majority in the jurisdiction of their residence, whichever is older) at time photo was taken. Do NOT include personal information (e.g., your name, e-mail address or phone numbers) in the photo itself; if photo contains personal information, it is your sole responsibility to remove all such personal information from the photo before uploading the photo from your Instagram or Twitter account for the Contest. Photo must comply with these Official Rules in all respects, including without limitation, the Content Guidelines below.
To be eligible for the Contest, photos must be submitted in compliance with the format and other requirements set forth on the website/platform where persons may submit entries/photos (i.e., Instagram or Twitter); such requirements being made a part of these Official Rules and incorporated herein by reference.
Once submitted, photos become the sole property of Sponsor (subject only to the rights of Instagram or Twitter, as applicable), cannot be modified by entrant. By submitting a photo, entrant gives permission (and warrants and represents that he/ she has obtained all rights necessary to give such permission and grant the license herein described, including from the photographer, if other than entrant) to Sponsor and its designees and hereby grants Sponsor and its designees a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, sub-licensable, non-exclusive license (herein “License”) to use entrant’s photo, name, likeness and all other information about the entrant contained in the photo on any media and through any means now known or hereafter devised, including without limitation, the World Wide Web, and to otherwise use entrant’s photo, name, likeness and all other information about entrant in the photo, and make derivative works therefrom, without compensation in accordance with the requirements of this Contest and the advertising, promotion, and publicity of the Contest, Sponsor’s products and services, and otherwise, as stated in these Official Rules (as solely determined by Sponsor). Such License will be confirmed by potential winner upon Sponsor’s request and potential winner agrees to timely complete, sign and deliver any and all necessary documents, including without limitation, documents setting forth any licenses, releases and indemnities that Sponsor in its sole discretion may require, without condition or compensation of any kind, as well as to use his/her best efforts to facilitate Sponsor’s procurement of similar confirming documents from the photographer if other than the potential winner. Sponsor’s failure to receive all documentation from all individuals within the prescribed timeframe, in each instance as required by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will result in the disqualification of the entry and the selection of another entry as a potential winner.
Limit one (1) Entry per person submitted via Instagram or Twitter account. Multiple entries and/or mass entry attempts will result in disqualification of all entries by such person/email address/Instagram/Twitter account. Entries must be manually key-stroked by the Entrant; use of automated entry devices or programs, or entries by third parties by any method of entry, are prohibited. Entries that do not conform to or that violate these Official Rules or are submitted in any manner other than stated in these Official Rules will be disqualified. Sponsor will not be responsible for late, lost, incomplete or misdirected entries. Proof of submission of entry does not constitute proof of receipt of same. All entries must be posted on Instagram or submitted via “tweet” on Twitter in their entirety prior to expiration of Contest Period. By entering this Contest, entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest.
You may only use one (1) Twitter account and/or one (1) Instagram account to participate in the Contest. All Tweets must comply with the Twitter Terms of Service and Twitter Rules available at the Twitter Web Site. All Instagram photos must comply with the applicable policies of Instagram available at the Instagram Web Site/platform. Important note: If your Twitter and/or Instagram account is set to “protected mode,” or “private” your updates/responses may not be visible in Sponsor’s @WEtv timeline and may not thus be received by Sponsor unless you previously consented to permit @WEtv to see your Twitter and/or Instagram updates. Do not use the hashtag #LAHairDo for purposes other than participation in the Contest.
If you opt to access Twitter via your wireless mobile device or if you enter via Instagram (only available via participating wireless carriers), data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges as well as charges for wireless Internet access) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Contest. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone’s capabilities for specific instructions.
3. Content Guidelines: In addition to complying with all other requirements of these Official Rules and/or on the website/platform where persons may submit entries/ photos (i.e., Instagram or Twitter); each photo must comply with the following guidelines (“Content Guidelines”). Any photo that Sponsor/Administrator, in their sole discretion, determine is in violation of any Content Guideline will be disqualified. Each entry/photo and comment must not:
• Contain content, image(s) or material that violates or infringes any third party rights of any kind, including without limitation, any third party privacy, publicity, trade secret and/or intellectual property rights, including third party registered and/or common law copyrights and trademarks;
• Disparage Sponsor, Administrator, any other person or entity affiliated with the Contest or products, services or entities that are competitive with any of the foregoing;
• Contain brand names, trademarks or logos of any third party other than those owned by or licensed to Sponsor, subject to the photo complying with all other requirements of these Official Rules (including these Content Guidelines) and/or on the Website/Platform where persons may submit entries/photos (i.e., Instagram or Twitter);
• Contain content, images, artwork or other creative elements not created by and original to entrant;
• Contain content, images or other material that is misleading, inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
• Contain content, images or other material that reflects, advocates or promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, harm or exploitation of or against any class, group or individual, discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, or actions or activities that are restricted, prohibited, illegal or unlawful (including without limitation, the consumption of alcohol or any other controlled substances);
• Contain content, images or other material that is unlawful or in violation of or contrary to any applicable federal or state laws or regulations;
• Have been previously submitted in a promotion of any kind, or published, posted, exhibited or displayed publicly for commercial use by any means and in any form or media.
In addition to the foregoing, the photo file cannot:
• Contain executable programming of any kind, including without limitation, viruses, worms, Trojan horses, spyware, malware, time bombs, Easter eggs, cancel bots or any kind of malicious or benign computer programming whatsoever; and
• Contain encrypted content of any kind, including without limitation, encoded messages.
If a file and/or photo cannot be opened, viewed and/or accessed by Sponsor for any reason whatsoever, that file and/or photo shall be disqualified without any fault or liability of the Released Parties, as defined below.
4. JUDGING/ WINNER NOTIFICATION: During each Weekly Entry period entries will be judged by representatives of Sponsor. During the Contest Period, six (6) winners will be selected among all eligible Entries received during each Weekly Entry Period to win a prize based on the following criteria:
* Creativity- 10%
* Style – 20%
* Technique – 20%
* Photo clarity and quality- 50%
Winners will be selected at or about each Wednesday of the Contest Period. If potential winner entered using Instagram, potential winner will be contacted by adding a comment from the WEtv Instagram account to the potential winner’s photo submission on the potential winner’s Instagram account. The comment will request that the potential winner email the Sponsor at the specified email address with specific personal information (ex: full name, address, phone number, email address, date of birth, Instagram username). It is recommended that you confirm your Instagram notification settings are turned on. If potential winner entered via Twitter, he/she will be notified by direct message and must allow for WEtv to contact him/her via direct message. Failure to respond to the initial verification notice within twenty-four (24) hours after notification or return of email notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts will result in disqualification. Potential winner may be required to sign and return within three (3) business days, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification, and a Publicity Release where allowed by law (“Winner Documents”). If the Winner Documents are not returned to Sponsor within specified time period (if applicable), potential winner may be disqualified. If potential winner is disqualified, prize will be awarded to an alternate winner selected from all remaining eligible entries received during the Contest Period. In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any entrant, the Entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized holder of the transmitting email account associated with the Instagram User ID or Twitter account (as applicable) used to participate in the Promotion. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. All decisions of the Sponsor regarding the Prize Drawing and any and all other aspects of the Contest shall be final, binding, and non-appealable
5. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): Six (6) Grand Prize winners, each winner will receive one (1) $500 Sephora Gift Card. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Grand Prize: $500. No substitutions for prizes except by Sponsor or as may be necessary due to unavailability, in which case prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. All taxes and other expenses not specified herein, including, but not limited to meals and spending money, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise.
6. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: No more than the number of prizes set forth in these Official Rules will be awarded. Entries not legitimately submitted in accordance with these Official Rules are void. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Winner will be subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and binding. A participant is not a winner of any prize unless and until said participant’s eligibility and the potential win has been verified and said participant has been notified that verification is complete and any documentation necessary for verification has been submitted to Sponsor for verification. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Participants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. Grand Prize winner must sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and any other documents Sponsor determines as reasonably necessary, including, where lawful, a publicity release, within five (5) business days following the date of notification of winning. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Return of any prize as undeliverable may result in disqualification. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its agencies to use a winner’s name, hometown and likeness for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prize.
7. INDEMNIFICATION: Winner agrees, by accepting the prize, and each participant agrees, by participating in this Contest, to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and each of its officers, directors, employees, representatives, agents, advertising and promotional agencies from and against any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of a prize, participation in any Contest-related activity, or participation in this Contest. Void where prohibited.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR, OR ITS PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, ADVERTISING OR PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, OR AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT THIS CONTEST. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ANY PRIZE WON IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions.
9. GOVERNING LAW; DISPUTES: By entering the Contest, each participant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the Courts located in New York County, New York; and (ii) in addition, any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees. Except where prohibited by law, all issues concerning the construction, validity and enforcement of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and Sponsor, shall be construed and governed by the laws of the state of New York, without regard to conflicts of law rules.
11. WINNERS LIST: For the name of the winner, after the Contest has ended, send a separate self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “THE #LAHairDO” Contest,” C/O WE TV LLC. Requests must be received by September 15, 2015.
12. SPONSOR: WE TV LLC, 11 Penn Plaza, NY, NY 10001.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Twitter. By participating in the promotion, you are providing your information to WE TV LLC, not Twitter or Instagram.