WEtv’s $100 A WEEK GIVEAWAY SWEEPSTAKES
Official Rules 2014
No Purchase Necessary To Enter Or Win. A Purchase Of Any Kind Will Not Increase Your Chances Of Winning. Void Where Prohibited.
- Sweepstakes Period: WEtv’s $100 A Week Giveaway Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00:01 am Eastern Time (“ET”) on 8/11/14 and ends at 11:59:59 pm ET on 12/28/2014 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). One (1) random drawing will be held on or about every Monday once the Sweepstakes begins (i.e. 8/18/14, 8/25/14, 9/1/14, 9/8/14, 9/15/14, 9/22/14, 9/29/14, 10/6/14, 10/13/14, 10/20/14, 10/27/14, 11/3/14, 11/10/14, 11/17/14, 11/24/14., 12/1/14, 12/8/14, 12/15/14, 12/22/14, 12/29/14), each random drawing will award one (1) Grand Prize Winner from among all eligible entries received at the time of each random drawing.
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands and other United States territories), who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of their entry. Employees of WETV LLC (“Sponsor) and any of Sponsor’s respective affiliates, parents, subsidiary companies, and advertising and promotion agencies (collectively the “Sweepstakes Entities”) and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside), and/or those living in the same household of each (whether or not related thereto) are not eligible to enter or win the Sweepstakes. Void everywhere else outside the U.S. or where otherwise prohibited or restricted by law. Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state, local and municipal laws. By entering the Sweepstakes, participants are bound by and agree to these Official Rules, and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding. Further, by accepting a Grand Prize in this Sweepstakes, participants hereby agree that Sponsor has the right to announce on its website, https://www.wetv.com/we-tv-newsletters-weekly-giveaway-winners their first name, last name, hometown and state.
- How to Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, visit engage.wetv.com/contest-get-email (the “Promotional Site”) and follow the instructions to complete all required information and submit the online entry form. Entrants may be asked to provide certain information, including but not limited to, who their cable and/or satellite provider is (i.e. Comcast, TW,DISH etc.) through which they receive WEtv. Incomplete entries will not be eligible. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your on-line service provider will apply. Entrants may enter the Sweepstakes one time only throughout the entire Sweepstakes Period. Entries received from any person and/or email address in excess of the stated limitation will be void. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 pm ET on each Sunday of the Sweepstakes Period to be eligible. The computer clock of the Webmaster hosting the Sweepstakes is the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned, and Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries.
- Prizes and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”)
Twenty (20) Grand Prizes: Twenty (20) grand prize winners (the “Grand Prize Winner(s)”) will each receive One Hundred Dollars ($100.00), awarded in the form of a Visa gift card (“Grand Prize”). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Grand Prize is One Hundred Dollars ($100.00). Limit – One (1) Grand Prize per person and/or per email address. The total value of all prizes awarded throughout the Sweepstakes Period is Two Thousand Dollars ($2,000.00).
- Random Drawing & Notification/Acceptance: One (1) potential Grand Prize Winner will be selected in each of the twenty (20) weekly random drawings (the “Selected Winner(s)”), which will be held on or about every Monday once the Sweepstakes begins (i.e. 8/18/14 thru 12/29/14), from among all eligible entries received at the time of each random weekly drawing. Sponsor will conduct the drawings. Non-Selected entries will be carried forward into each subsequent random weekly drawing, if any. The decisions of Sponsor are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received at the time of each random weekly drawing.
After each random weekly drawing, that week’s one (1) Selected Winner’s first name, last name, hometown and state will be announced on the Sponsor’s website, https://www.wetv.com/we-tv-newsletters-weekly-giveaway-winners on or about the day following each Selected Winner’s acceptance of a Grand Prize. Selected Winners must comply with these Official Rules as published in order to accept a Grand Prize and be confirmed as Official Winner(s). Selected Winners will be notified by Sponsor, by phone, email, or overnight mail, on or about the same day as the random weekly drawing. Grand Prize Winners will not be entitled to any further compensation or credit for such announcement on www.amctv.com. Sponsor will determine in its sole discretion, the exact nature, time of day, and length of time of the Grand Prize Winner announcements. Upon notification or notification attempt, Selected Winners will be required to execute and return an affidavit of acceptance, eligibility and liability, a publicity release (where legal) and a W-9 form, within seven (7) days of such notification or notification attempt (or less if specified by Sponsor upon notification or in the release documents, due to exigencies) or the Grand Prize will be forfeited and an alternate Potential Grand Prize Winner, who will be selected in a random drawing from among remaining eligible entries, if any, will be notified by phone, email, or overnight mail. Sponsor will attempt to contact Selected Winners(s) two (2) times during the seven (7) day period. If notification attempts fail for any reason, or if a potential Selected Winner does not comply with these Official Rules, Grand Prize will be forfeited and an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner will be selected from among remaining eligible entries, if any.
- Grand Prize Conditions: Grand Prize Winner is responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes) and all other costs associated with the Grand Prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided. No transfers of prizes, in whole or in part, will be permitted, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize (or portion thereof) with another prize of greater or comparable value, as determined by Sponsor. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- General Rules: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. In the event of a dispute over the identity of the Selected Winner, the natural person who is the authorized account holder of the email address used to submit the entry will be declared the potential Grand Prize Winner. “Authorized account holder” of an e-mail address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Acceptance of Grand Prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its designees to use Grand Prize Winners’ names and likenesses for promotional, advertising or any other purposes in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without further compensation, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
- Limitations of Liability: Entrants, by participating in the Sweepstakes, release and agree to hold the Sweepstakes Entities harmless from and against any and all liability, claims or action of any kind whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including death and bodily injury, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Grand Prize, including participating in this Sweepstakes or in any Sweepstakes-related activity, whether sponsored, held by, or paid for by a third party or by Sponsor. Each entrant agrees to indemnify Sweepstakes Entities from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes and to hereby acknowledge that Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Grand Prizes. Additionally, the Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, incomplete, misdirected, garbled, damaged, delayed or undelivered entries; or for any virus contracted by an entrant’s computer through participation in the Sweepstakes, for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by computer or Internet malfunction or interference, tampering, manipulation, weather or natural disaster, acts of war, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation; or for failed computer, satellite, telephone, wireless or cable transmissions, lines or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement on air of Selected Winners, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for lost, interrupted or inaccessible or unavailable network, server, wireless service, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections or any combination thereof. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it suspects of tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of the Official Rules, or to be acting in a unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any person or entity. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods or third-party software or website or any other devices which subvert the entry process will void all entries by such methods, and disqualify any entrant using such methods. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned by reason of, but not limited to, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, virus, bug, worms, unauthorized human intervention or any other causes which Sponsor, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, deems could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and post notice of the action at the Promotional Site. If Sponsor terminates the Sweepstakes prior to the end of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will select the potential Grand Prize Winners in a random drawing from among all valid, non-suspect, eligible entries received prior to termination, if any, or as otherwise may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANTS HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR BE LIABLE TO ANY ENTRANT OR WINNER FOR DAMAGES THAT EXCEED THE VALUE OF THE PRIZE TO BE AWARDED TO THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. SPONSOR’S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY PROVISION IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES WILL NOT BE DEEMED A WAIVER OF SUCH.
9. DISPUTES, GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE: ENTRANT AGREES THAT: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT REGARD TO PRINCIPLES OF CONFICTS OF LAW; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, IF ANY, BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ENTRANT BE ENTITLED TO RECEIVE ATTORNEYS’ FEES OR BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
11. Winners’ List: For a list of winners, available after the Sweepstakes Period has ended, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope by 12/31/14 and received by 1/5/15 to: WEtv’s $100 A Week Sweepstakes Winners List, c/o WE tv, 11 Penn Plaza, New York, NY 10001.
12. Sponsor: WETV LLC, 11 Penn Plaza, NY, NY, 10001.