WE tv’s Party Like a Braxton SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes open to individuals 18 years of age or older as of date of entry and who are legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia. Sweepstakes void wherever prohibited by law. Employees of Sponsor, Essence Communications, Inc., their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, production and promotion agencies, and the immediate families and members of the same household of each are not eligible.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 noon (ET) on March 28th, 2011 and ends at 12:00:00 noon (ET) on May 2nd, 2011. To enter visit the WEtv website www.wetv.com to complete and submit entry form. Entrants agree to be bound by and acknowledge compliance with these official rules including eligibility requirements. Limit one entry per email address per day. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the e-mail account will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized account holder” of an e-mail address is the natural person in whose name the e-mail address has been issued. A selected winner may be asked to provide Sponsor with proof that the selected winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. If a dispute cannot be resolved, the entry will be deemed ineligible. Use of automated devices not valid for entry. Entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
3. PRIZES. One (1) Grand Prize: A four (4) day/ three (3) night trip for four (4) people to New Orleans for the Essence Music Festival. Trip includes round-trip coach airfare from major commercial airport nearest winner’s residence, three (3) nights hotel accommodations at a hotel selected by the Sponsor (one room/quad occupancy) and tickets for three days (three tickets for three days) to the Essence Music Festival July 1 – 3, 2011. Maximum Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $5,000. Winner and winner’s travel companions must be available to travel July 1-3, 2011 or prize will be forfeited. Actual value of a trip depends on Grand Prize winner’s residence or departure city. Winner’s travel companions, and if companions are minors, parent or legal guardian, must complete and sign travels release prior to ticketing. Grand Prize winner and Guests must travel together from same point of origin. Grand Prize winner and Guests must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents required for air travel. No substitutions for prizes except by Sponsor or as may be necessary due to unavailability, in which case prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. All taxes and other expenses not specified herein, including, but not limited to meals and spending money, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsor responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited) to use winners name, hometown and likeness for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional compensation.
4. DRAWING: Winner will be selected in a random drawing on or about May 9th, 2011 from all eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted by the Sponsor whose decision is final on all matters relating to the sweepstakes. Winner will be notified by phone and/or mail and will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability which must be signed and received by Sponsor within 7 days of date printed on notification or an alternate winner will be selected in a random drawing. If any prize notification letter or any prize is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner selected in a random drawing.
5. ODDS: Odds of winning prize depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
6. GENERAL: This sweepstakes offer is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations. Sponsor and judges not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, incorrect, incomplete, illegible, garbled, misaddressed, or misdirected entries, misrouted or scrambled transmissions or communications, for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of telephone, Internet, computer hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any telephone or computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Sweepstakes, and reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Sweepstakes should any virus, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In the event of any cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted and a random drawing will be held from among all eligible entries received prior to such time. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant if his or her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant and Grand Prize Winner accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the judges and warrants that s/he is eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. By accepting prize, winner agrees to release Sponsor, Essence Communications, Inc. their respective directors, employees, officers, and agents, including without limitation, their advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize-related activities. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical, printing, or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials related to the Sweepstakes.
7. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. WINNER’S NAME: For a copy of the winner’s name, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked by July 1, 2011 to: WE tv Party Like a Braxton Weekend Sweepstakes Winners List, c/o WE: Women’s Entertainment LLC, 11 Penn Plaza, NY, NY 10001or visit www.wetv.com. Requests will be fulfilled/name will be posted, after the winner name has been verified. .
9. SPONSOR: This sweepstakes is sponsored by WE: Women’s Entertainment LLC, 11 Penn Plaza, New York, NY 10001.