Behind the Bar: Marry Me Margarita
On this week's episode of Love After Lockup, the release of the convicts begin! As their partners on the outside race against the clock to prepare for their homecomings, problems start to arise. Shavel and Quaylon's mother butt heads over his post-release plans, while Shawn delivers some stunning news to his ex. And, John prepares to propose to Kristianna the moment she gets free. Sip on a "Marry Me Margarita" as you watch the drama — and John — go down on one knee!
Recipe: Marry Me Margarita
- 4 oz. tequila
- 2 oz. Cointreau (you can also use triple sec)
- 1 1/2 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 oz. sweetened lime juice (optional, otherwise use another 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice)
- Agave nectar or simple syrup to sweeten, as desired
- Coarse salt and lime slices, to garnish
Run a lime slice along the rim of your margarita glass. Dip the rim of the glass onto a small plate with coarse salt until coated. Set aside. Mix tequila, Cointreau, and lime juices together in a cocktail shaker. Shake until combined. Taste and add sweetener as desired. Start with a small amount, 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon. Mix after each addition and taste again. Fill salt rimmed glasses with ice. Pour the margarita mix over ice. Garnish with a lime slice and serve immediately.